At East Meon we are creating a school for the whole community.
In an ever changing world we believe in developing our children with important personal qualities, values, sense of community and skills they will need to succeed in all aspects of their life. We will support them in that development and provide an inspiring environment for them to do their best in all subjects including sport and the arts.
To achieve this outcome the following areas underpin our school life and learning:
- Our children will learn to be good communicators, show resilience, and become problem solvers who take responsibility and understand the importance of taking ownership.
Moral and Christian values
- As a Church of England School our children learn the Christian values of thinking of others, forgiveness and compassion.
- Each child will learn the moral values to enable them to make the right choices in life.
Environment and Community
- We use the outdoors to enhance learning both in the extensive school grounds, the village and beyond.
- Our children are active members of the community and village life.
- We actively engage and welcome members of the community in the life of the school.
- Our children learn the importance of environmental sustainability.
- We provide the learning and IT experiences to enable our children to openly embrace and adapt to an ever changing, technologically driven world.
- Our learning experiences help our children to maximise the opportunities that Information Technology offers for learning, life and beyond